Tuesday, December 8, 2009

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: ARC ANGELS


I posted about the Arc Angels here ARC ANGELS, BABY and here Music Concert DVD's El Fisho is waiting on, but I realized today that I had not devoted an actual Album of the Week post to them.
It's true, I've had more than one Album of the Week post this week, but I'm just making up for missing a bunch of weeks the last month or so. These Texas lads certainly deserve high praise in this their debut album in the early 90's.
With Chris Layton on drums and Tommy Shannon on bass on this album, you know you won't be lackin' in the rhythm department. The twin leads, both guitars and vocals, of Charlie Sexton and Doyle Bramhall are only equaled by the excellent harmonies they can summon.
It's a rocking blues rock album. Every song is good and you'll find yourself singing some of them, they're so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment