Tuesday, December 15, 2009

WALTHER PPK/S AND SMITH AND WESSON SUGGESTIONS





The venerable Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols have long been favorites of mine. You can read a little bit about the history of the pistol and how Smith and Wesson became involved in the company here http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_7_51/ai_n13785370/

I've owned a number of PPK/S's and really enjoyed them all. I've owned the American Made as well as several German made. I've owned the German ones in .380 and .22 caliber, and still wish I had the .22 Walther PPK/S. The .22 Walther was one of the first guns I ever bought, after working during the summers mowing yards. I wasn't old enough to legally buy it, so my father had to do the paperwork, but I paid for it.

Collector's Firearms in Houston was a lot smaller then some 30+ years ago, but it was about the only place in town where you could get a Walther PPK/S in .22 caliber. Oshman's and Alexander's Firearms had them in .380, as did lots of places, but they were scarce in those days in .22 caliber.

I've always wondered why Smith and Wesson never made the .22 model PPK or PPK/S. It would sell many guns. It would sure seem like a win-win affair, since everyone I know would buy one because it'd be a great pistol that was cheap to shoot.

Likewise, why not make the PPK and PPK/S available in some sort of blued finish? Anything but the stainless. The stainless finish is great but there are many other great finishes available today that would look great on this gun. Some of us prefer darker handguns for concealability reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment