Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Texas Fishing Forum

One of the fishing forums I read is called The Texas Fishing Forum. So far, I've gotten lots of good information and tips as to lures and locations, some of which have panned out. Which, when you're asking people to give up the places they fish so others can go there and catch the fish, is asking a lot. So if the posters tell you their 5th or 10th favorite places to fish, you're still getting some good information.

I'm cursed with being both an early bird and a night owl. On days when I'm not working, a simple nap takes care of that problem, but otherwise I'm outta luck on working days. Even when I was a kid, I'd often awake way too early, even before my folks did. I would often listen to the Stevensons', father and son fishing show on KTRH early in the morning. You got fishing reports from area lakes and from as far away as High Island and Port O'Conner on saltwater fishing.

You'd always hear these crusty old types working in the bait shops and on party boats who were the information sources calling in on bad telephone connections, and in between, the Stevensons would hawk whatever their sponsor sold, as well as imparting countless fishing and hunting gems of wisdom about Texas.

So I get a lot of the same kind of feeling over at The Texas Fishing Forum. You can find it here http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment