Friday, October 16, 2009

SIMMONS ELECTRONIC DRUMS: PART ONE - THE 1980'S





In the 1980's, I bought into the whole Simmons drum thing hook, line and sinker. Over the years, I owned several sets (SDSV, SDS7, SDS8, SDS9 and a SDS1000M(idi). Most of them I bought at a great bargain. I was working in lots of bands in Houston in the 1980's and playing as much music in my spare time as my employed and going to school single lifestyle would let me. Which was a lot.
For a lot of the working bands that were playing clubs, it was cover music, and much of the popular rock, soul, r&b and jazz songs had Simmons drums in them. If you don't know much about the history of Simmons, the wiki link will tell you what you need to know. There's some links at the bottom of the wiki page to some sites with lots more historical information about the company and the products.
More in Part Two about Simmons.


No comments:

Post a Comment