Tuesday, July 20, 2010

MORE SUMMER HEAT TALKING

THE HIGH NOON "MR. SOFTY" HOLSTER


THE HIGH NOON "BARE ASSET" HOLSTER, HOLDING A GLOCK MODEL 36. NOTE THE FORWARD CANT AND THAT THE HANDLE AND GUN RIDE HIGHER THAN THE MR. SOFTY MODEL ABOVE. THIS HOLSTER IS NOT AS CONCEALABLE AS THE MR. SOFTY FOR THIS REASON, BUT DOES OFFER A BETTER PURCHASE ON THE GUN GRIP.

BIANCHI MODEL 6 AND A S&W CENTENNIAL REVOLVER







Of course, since I live in Texas, it's hot as heck and humid humid humid, but we who are natives here know that we ain't seen nothing yet. It's gonna get considerably hotter and more humid and just generally intolerable to be outside. Because most of the state has had lots of rain this year, mosquitos are everywhere and are hon-gray. I know they are hon-gray and not just hungry because I am a major food source for these creatures. I must be, because I am constantly being bitten, despite precautions.

The heat I'm talking about for this post, however, is packing pistol heat, as first elaborated on in this recent post TEXAS SUMMER HEAT, THE LONG GUN AND PACKING SMALL .... I'm still using my Glock 36 and my S&W Model 38 Bodyguard Airweight right now as my primary carry weapons, but the Glock is about to be the car gun and not the carry gun for the next couple of months until things begin to cool down in late September and early October. Although I'm tempted to get a small Kel-Tec or other mini-gun for extreme summer carry in light clothing, so far it's been working with the Bodyguard in a Bianchi suede-out thin IWB clip holster.


So even in the debilitating heat of the summer, I have my gun. I've mentioned before but will quickly mention again my favorite carry holsters. For the Bodyguard, I favor the suede out IWB Bianchi clip holster, the smallest and cheapest they probably sell. The suede absorbs sweat and keeps the holster from sticking to my body. I like the Bodyguard over other snubbies because the Bodyguard has an enclosed hammers. I like hammers I can see on my guns, although I make exceptions for my Glock, but the Bodyguard hammer doesn't jab and cut me like a traditional snubnose would.

I also favor the High Noon IWB holsters The Bare Asset and Mr. Softy for my Glock 36. They are made of cowhide and I don't know what kind of finish they have on the leather but it doesn't stick to my body either. I'm a big fan of the High Noon holster and nearly everyone of my friends who has seen it and tried it has ordered one of their own. They are a steal at about $36 UPS shipping included and I plan to order one for my J frame Bodyguard soon. The Glock carries very well in both High Noon holsters, with the Bare Asset having a 15 degree cant forward and a higher ride and the Mr. Softy keeping the bottom of the handle of the gun at belt level, thus being more concealable.

The profuse sweat that I seem to emit during this time of year when outside the air conditioned enclaves where I live and work does not seem to effect the High Noon holsters at all. For many years, my Bianchi showed no signs of effect from sweat either, but since it is 29 years old it has begun to show some slight signs of wear after thousands of hours of wear. I keep meaning to buy me a new Bianchi IWB holster like this one but the one I have is still great. I've worn it so much it's just molded now to fit my body and it feels like a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment