Thursday, January 14, 2010

BREAKING NEWS ABOUT ALLEGED BLOG CLOSING

UPDATE LATE FRIDAY EVENING, 1-15-10: XAVIER HAS RECONSIDERED HIS POSITION. HE MAY OR MAY NOT COME BACK BUT WILL BE LEAVING HIS SITE UP, WHICH IS GREAT NEWS FOR ANYONE NEEDING GREAT REFERENCE MATERIALS, LINKS OR JUST PLAIN EXCELLENT WRITING AND STORYTELLING.

READ ALL ABOUT IT: http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/01/well-damn.html


Not this blog, but one I just discovered. Xavier writes a lot about handguns and since reading some of his archives since I found it a few weeks ago, I'm thinking Man, here's a man of my own heart. Big 1911 fan as well as a revolver fan.

Xavier Thoughts
The End

I haven't read many of the comments on his site, just his posts, and the guy should be writing for a handgun magazine. His blog is pretty much his own handgun magazine, if you ask me. I fall squarely in his demographic. One post I read today was particularly insightful, and unfortunately the link in his post about building his own 1911 failed, and I couldn't make the jump. I don't have the exact link handy, but it was a post about selecting and building your own 1911.

Check out this great post here http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/07/choosing-your-first-1911.html
and
this post below on selecting a used gun.

In fact, here's a whole bunch of posts that are great!

What is a 1911?
The Best 1911 for You
1911 Sizes
Buying a Used 1911
Chris Byrne's Primer on Buying a 1911
The "First Handgun" question by Chris Byrne
The 1911 Forum

Labels: ,
If nothing else, I certainly wish him luck and hope he leaves his blog up. It's a great reference work.

No comments:

Post a Comment