Sunday, November 29, 2009

The White House visit by the Sahali family: The bigger picture

This blogger, who I am not familiar with, has some very cogent thoughts on the Sahali incident this past week at the White House:

http://newsrealblog.com/2009/11/28/the-white-house-party-crash-of-2009-when-the-comedy-subsides-the-ominous-tragedy-chills/

It's not a good sign. I can't imagine, or at least prior to this event, couldn't imagine anyone getting past the Secret Service. Having done dignitary protection assignments briefly in my career many years ago, this incident comprises just about every no-no in the book.

My experience with government law enforcement tells me people will be fired or will resign, but it won't necessarily be the folks (i.e. policymakers in the Secret Service or whoever runs that show now that Homeland Security runs them) who need to go.

Just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment