Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TOO MUCH PERSPECTIVE

As a friend and I were discussing the recent passage of the New York gun laws and the Presidential executive orders and Congressional gun law requests, I was reminded of a scene from one of my favorite movies of all times, THIS IS SPINAL TAP.

In one scene from the movie, where the band, traveling across the US in a failed attempt to regain a career that never really was, stands at the grave of The King, Elvis Presley.

One band member says to another:

"It certainly puts a perspective on things though, doesn't it?"

To which the other band member replies:

"Well, too much ...too much @#$%&*# perspective!"




 

2 comments:

  1. Obama's done exactly what I thought he would do: forward proposal that he knows Congress will never pass, and I find it hilarious that after all the talk about action most of his executive orders amount to doing research. And if American doctors are like European doctors, they won't cooperate with a national mental health database nor will they provide information about gun ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, Stefi, and I'm so glad your blog (in my blog roll to the right, folks) has been so active lately. I always enjoy what I read over at your place.

    I agree with everything you say, except that over here, some of our docs are pretty far left leanin' politically and have formed numerous PACS and such seeking mostly radical gun control measures.

    Seems sometimes that rich folks over here in the USA lose touch with the reality of everyday life and the violence, crime and drug crimes that those of us without bodyguards face daily.

    The threat of future action by EO looms like a thundercloud over this nation. As an attorney, and I recall you are an attorney as well, I'm concerned that our concept of due process be followed in everything that happens legally in America, and that means passage by vote of Congress, not an edict from our President.

    I'll note that there are a few really scary folks on both sides of this argument.

    ReplyDelete