Tuesday, August 24, 2010

THE FISHING LANYARD GETS AN ADDITION

As I posted here a year ago, I often use a fishing lanyard, especially when wading. Even when shore or boat fishing, it's a handy thing to have around. My Fishing Lanyard

Here's a link to a good picture:

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/survival-accessories/leatherman-and-gerber-multi/blue-leatherman-squirt-p4-with-684220.html

I've added a new piece of hardware to my landyard. A lightweight Leatherman Squirt P4 micro pliers and knife/utility knife set. I've attached it to the lanyard with one of those two-part snap apart car key holders that splits into two keychains. One end mounded to the landyard and the other to the Squirt. I'm gonna have to add some kind of lanyard to the Squirt (possibly one off of the old school cell phones that I kept) as I could see fumbling with it and dropping it into the water.

It'll be perfect for dehooking fish. The pliers also have a line cutter that works well with braided lines, so that's a plus for wade fishing with braided line bait casting reels. I got mine used for just a few bucks on Ebay. They are in great condition. Mine are blue, and red might have been better for finding if dropped in the water, but a screaming deal they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment