Monday, April 19, 2010

THE BILLY RAY AND SHRIMPER DAN SURF FISHING CAMP CHRONICLES

As I wrote about here RANDOM THOUGHTS but mostly about fishing and here
I GOT THE PORT A BLUES and here PORT ARANSAS SURF FISHING CAMP JONESING, ever since my spring break in Port A I've been wishing I was back there. Billy Ray and Shrimper Dan finally reported in.

They took Shrimper Dan's beach buggy, a 1990's Isuzu Trooper 4wd that apparently just does magnificently in the deep sand of the Padre Island National Seashore. Dan caught a shovelnose shark and that was it in the catching department. They set up camp down about 25 miles past the 4WD only sign at PINS.

They were quite pleased with the terminal tackle and bait selection at the HEB store in Aransas Pass, and Shrimper Dan even bought a rod and reel there.

More about their trip later. It sounded like a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time along the Great State of TEXAS's Gulf Coast!

    ReplyDelete