Sunday, December 19, 2010

NEW BLOGS I LIKEE

There's a couple of new blogs on my blogroll that I'm really enjoying.

One is
The Next Chapter whose current post is about celebrating the wonderful place he lives:
WE’RE #1! WE’RE #1! Illinois is the worst state to live in for retirees! . Zach has some great stuff on all kinds of firearm related topics, and I see that he and I share interest in many of the same types of guns. Additionally, he recently paid me a big compliment by posting a link to some of my posts about the late NYC holster and shooting Guru Chic Gaylord. Chic Gaylord, holster artisan extraordinaire and top gun of his time

I really appreciate Zach's kind words about my writing, but his blog really puts mine to shame. Trust me on this. Spend some time over there reading his archives about various fine weapons. It'll be time well spent, and really, I wish it were in a book form. It's good stuff!

Through Zach's blog links, I became familiar with fellow Texan
Wild Ed's Texas Outdoors, where his latest post is about a fish that I've caught an awful lot of all over different parts of Texas, The Texas Longear Sunfish. I have not had time to explore his blog more, but plan to in the coming holidays after the Christmas festivities are over ( I call the days between Christmas and New Year's "Festivus", after Seinfeld. Festivus is for resting. Festivus for the rest of us!).

I also plan to do some Texas Rainbow Trout fishing if it gets really cold between the time Santa comes and New Years. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. You are indeed a gentleman. Many thanks for your kind words.

    My very best regards,

    Zack

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a gentleman and a scholar for mentioning such unmentionables as Zack and myself. Thanks for the generous comments and have a great Texas Christmas, Wild Ed

    Wild Ed's Texas Outdoors

    ReplyDelete