Wednesday, May 1, 2013

TIME TO GO TO LUCKY GUNNER DOT COM

I know I've been having a tough time finding ammo since mid-December. It's like way back 20 years ago, in the early 1990's, during the Clinton gun ban years.

Because of the resultant price increases on ammo, I ain't been buying much at all, compared to my normal purchases. In addition to little or no availability of just plain shootin' ammo in a wide variety of calibers (.22 Long Rifle, .38 special, .357, 9mm, .223, 7.62 x 39, to name a few), you've had to go to multiple stores in a several town area to find small caches of the caliber you want.

My friend Max correctly observes that he didn't learn his lesson during the Clinton gun ban years, because there was an ammo shortage then but plenty of .40 caliber available. I agree with this thought. I've noticed tons of .40 caliber ammo (well, maybe not TONS, but compared to the other ammo in short supply it is dang near plentiful).

So consequently, I haven't been doing as much shooting this year because of the lack of ammo. One shooting range that I visited a few weeks ago on spring break had a good supply of decent ball ammo in several calibers and at fair prices, but for range use only. 

One of my co-workers ordered a large amount of .40 caliber from Lucky Gunner, and she was very pleased with the price of the ammo. 

So that led to me doing some trading of some older H&R .22 revolvers that I had (I kept the best ones) for a used Glock 23. So I'm once again in the .40 caliber orbit. I had a very nice Firestar SA in .40 caliber back in the 90's, but sold it to a friend who had to have it and who still has it and carries it as a primary CHL weapon to this day. 

So all that aside, I need to go to Lucky Gunner and get me some ammo instead of running all over my town and several nearby ones. Yes, this is a shameless plug but I've been pleased with their service as has my friend. Good folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment