Friday, February 26, 2016

HEY RUGER, WHERE IS THAT 7.62 X 54R PRECISION RIFLE WITH A 26" BARREL?

I was really hoping to see Ruger step up to the plate and make a gun in this caliber. I've read where others have requested Ruger build a gun in this caliber for various popular bolt actions like the American series.

The 7.62 x 54r is a great round, and of course it's a very cheap round. It's also an accurate long range round, one befitting the 26" or 28" barrel one would find on a post-Mosin-Nagant Russian sniper rifle in that caliber. I like the PSL rifles, and kick myself for not buying one for about 8 bills a few years ago.

Still, I really don't need a semi-auto in that caliber, I'd like a nice bolt action. And I think the Ruger Precision is a mighty nice candidate for a gun in this caliber with a long barrel.

I really like the Mosins I have, a long one and a M44 carbine. They are what they are. I like the M44 with iron sights for close range hog hunting. 

But I'd really love a MODERN rifle in this caliber and although Savage, Mossberg, Browning, Remington or any other large rifle makers take notice of this, there is a huge market out there for a reasonably priced bolt action in this caliber.

Heck, I'd like to see a Browning BAR in this caliber as well. Or an FN rifle either semi or bolt.

But Ruger would be my first choice. Make it rugged. Make it strong. My Ruger guns have lasted and lasted and lasted.  A nice Ruger Precision with a long barrel in this caliber would be a great thing to see under the tree this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment