Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I know...no pic, no fish

I'm still waiting for the email from my friend with the pic of the kingfish they caught near Corpus Christi in the surf. I found out I was mistaken about the rod that my friend's son caught the fish with, and it was closer to a 7' rod, so a bit shorter than I previously reported. It had been described as more of a heavy pier/light surf rod to me, but that is not the case.

This just makes it all the more cool, that he caught this huge, fighting, jumping, surging fish known for stripping massive amounts of line off of reels on the sort of rig that one might more commonly fish for bass in lakes featuring thick, weedy cover that you sometimes need to horse a lure through or drag a fish from. A heavy freshwater rod.

So, when the pics come, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment